fever off and on

my 5 yr old runs temps off and on for weeks but nothing else is wrong... i was told some kids do that .. this time she has a cough but temp is only 99.8 school says she cant come today or tomarrow cause if they run temps they can come the next day even if they r normal.. do i add a degree when taking her temp under the arm?she had Steven Johnson syndrome 2 yrs ago..if anyone knows a group on that plz let me know Ty

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes you add 1 degree under the arm
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had never heard about "Steven Johnson syndrome", i had to look it up. Very interesting and scary to i'm glad she is doing better.
    Have you talked to her doctor of the fevers, if so what did the doctor say?
    I have a neighbor who is 4 almost 5 she also had fevers on and off for almost 4 month... she also had a dry cough. Her mom kept taking her to the emergency, but all the say was give her tylenol, and just monitor the fever. She is doing much better now :)
    I know fevers are scary, and i'm no doctor but i think it's good if you get the thermometer you use for the ear it is more accurate then arm, and just keep checking in on the fever. If it starts hitting 102 or 103 you should call the Doctor.
    Good Luck, and i am going to keep reading on about "Steven Johnson syndrome"!

Actress-mom81

Answer by Actress-mom81 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2011