Do you think its ok for teenagers to get married?

mamabear6987

Asked by mamabear6987 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• teenagers can range from 13-19 what age exactly are you talking about?
    Anonymous

• no my cousin got married at 16 and they ended up in divorce ....it was very bad all the way around..
    Anonymous

• No.
    No matter how "mature" a sixteen year old claims to be, they are DRASTICALLY different from the person they'll be in ten years. Chances are their relationship will end badly because one day they'll sit back and wonder what life would've been like had they not gotten married so young. I think you should at least wait until you're 18-20 and have grown up a little bit more and are a consenting adult that can make an adult decision like getting married.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• depends on the situation also. I don't think it's ok even if they are pregnant. I don't believe in young marriages, pref not until after at least 25, maybe 30.
    Anonymous

• i just turned 20 and i still am not jumpimg to get married. i have been with my SO for a while, and i know he is the one i want to spend my life with, but i think that im still not ready. i guess its possible for teens to get married and be happy, but me personally i dont agree with it.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i think it depends on a persons maturity level and how they live their life. responsible, have their priorities straight etc who cares? it doesnt hurt anyone.

why should someone older be "okay by public" to get married if they dont have their life straight? people don't really question that do they?

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no and i don't think it depends on the situation. how would hey know what they need and want from a man or women. shit it took me awhile to figure out what kind of man i was looking for. it won't last till they know that. i got married at 20 3 yrs later divorce and been that way for 12 yrs up till recently. i wish i had spent my younger yrs being single and not my older yrs like i did. so no i don't think so. they are just not old enough
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I am against teenage marriage...I got married when I was 18 and ended in divorce after 9 months...we were so inmature and didn't understand the stress of marriage. How you feel about love and relationships as a teenager is not how you will feel as a 20 or 30 something...I am now 28 and I am getting married on Aug. 1, 2009 and I am a total different person then I was 10 years ago..financially, spiritually, mentally and physically...your 20's are when you can educate yourself and trully find out who you want to become...take your time...there is plenty of time for marriage...good luck and god bless..
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think it depends on the teen. I was married at 16 years old. And 10 years later now happier than ever. But in most cases. I am sure that it does not work that way. But you never know. I couldnt image my life without my dh.
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008