Do your kids have a snow day today?

I am a very silly mommy! Schools were closed yesterday because of the deep snow and cold weather, and I checked for school closings last night and didn't see that DD's school was listed as closed for Tuesday. I got up early this a.m. and didn't check again. The snow plows have been through and the roads are cleared, so I shoveled the mound at the end of the drive that the snow plow made and got my kids up and out, only to find their school closed!

It's 2 degrees F but the roads are fine today. Sheesh! If they close the schools every time it's this cold in Iowa, the kids will have to go all summer to get in their days! Oh well - I was kind of hoping for a snow day so we can bundle up and go outside to play in it (but only for a short time since it's so cold).

To those of you in the south, enjoy it! I used to live in Austin, and I loved to call up north to talk about our 40 degree temperatures when it was 10 below where the rest of my family lives!

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 9:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LOL! I've done that. :)

We're in NE Ohio, we've only had two snow days.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Is that 2 degrees with windchill? Wow that is cold. We have about 1/4 inch of snow. Just a light dusting and the schools are on two hour delay.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No but hopefully tomorrow, it is suppose to come in tonight around 9pm and continue into tomorrow....

Bergen County, NJ
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i have some friends in the Atlanta area and they had a snow day yesterday and i believe today as well. not us though, we live in florida!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not today, but probably will have at least a 2-hr delay tomorrow because we're expecting a small storm to come through later today & on through tomorrow. I'm in PA.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's 2 below here today. snow day b/c of the roads. they're due to go back tomorrow and the projected forcast is 10 below.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• people go crazy in alabama if it's going to snow b/c it dosen't happen much here....sunday night it started and we got about 6 inches of snow with a 1/2 inch of ice to top it all the interstates were closed up to 30 miles south of where i live and all schools were closed, they're closed today too, it's a mess here i hate snow and ice
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We have school today, although we didn't get any snow last night. We will probably have a snow day tomorrow because we are suppose to get 8" of snow tonight. It really depends on when the snow will start. I presonally love snow days, so I am all for it. I'm in MA
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No but we are expecting more snow tonight so there probably won't be school tomorrow
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Nope, here in WI we have a light dusting and schools are on normal schedules.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011