Why are online people like this?

There was a thread about a very general topic, but the thread was in a UK Forum. Being bored and but seeing the thread was very general I jumped in with my 2 cents.

Well some people didnt agree with me and apparently looked at my profile (that said I was from USA) and told me I didn't know what I was on about because I'm American (not because they disagreed with my POV). Sooo... I changed my profile to UK, from USA and said I was living in the UK, and suddenly everything was "Alright" and my opinion was now welcomed.

HUH?! Why do people do that? How stupid. What a waste of time. So my opinion was still valid, they just didn't have a valid argument, so they chose something totally unrelated to rag on me with? DUMB

Vent over, but I don't get why people online are like that. Just tell em what they wanna hear and make sure there's nothing personal (or truthful) they can use against you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I was with ya 100% till the Jesus part, Lacyjay1987.

to answer: people do that because they have nothing better to argue with so they do exactly that and pick anything they can find. If your profile info is bogus then they furhter look foolish as they are attempting to insult a person and info that you made up (isn't true). They're fools, and not worth acknowledging.
    Mandz1

Answer by Mandz1 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't think it's people from the UK, I think it's people in general who don't like outsiders, those people are all over the world.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I really don't get it. What was the topic? I'm from the UK and really don't think people are so very different coming from any country...
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They are ignorant...

That is exactly what it boils down too, I only get mad if people are mean about it or ASS u me.... (assume) something about me... Otherwise, I take every opinion and learn from it...

Forget them...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Right on scout_mom
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• scout_mom's right!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i heard people even do that on Cafemom, when in certain groups, if they dont have rules and guidlines for it and you get into a debate or even a disagreement, they get stuck and look at your profile for more to pick on.

they just do it because they are stuck and nothing else to say, so instead of leaving it alone, they need to find something more to nitpick on.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• ILeah...I wasn't ragging on British people, in fact I love em. The thread I was on was British, so in this case the antagonists were British. I just didn't know why people online in general pick out one little thing and use that as an excuse to exclude or discredit you from the conversation. Yet if you BS them and tell em what they want to hear, suddenly your "Okay". wtf, ya know? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have learned that the human race is aggressive argumentative bitter broken careless closed clueless clumsy cold-hearted critical cynical dangerous dark despicable destructive demanding demoralized demotivated dishonest and well the list goes on and on. If we dont realize soon that we are going down the wrong rd acting like this..we will surly perish. But if we BUCK up and strive to be like our creator Jesus then we will have everlasting life.

lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2011