ear infections...

ear infections between the time we get ds to see an ent and now? he has a history of ear infections and has had 2 ear infections between now and the end of dec. he also had ear infections for about 6 months from aug 2009-jan 2010.

dreamangel06

Asked by dreamangel06 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Kids' Health

• He might need tubes in his ears.
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My son had that for a year and the doctor refused to tube his ears but when we moved to Arizona they tubed them right away. Talk to your doctor because if we had the ear infections would have gone away sooner
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• thats what we figure, we will be taking him to an ent when his insurance kicks in. we are having issues with it right now
    dreamangel06

Comment by dreamangel06 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• How is his speech?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Usually they would put tubes in, especially if it is consistant. Ask why they have not done it? or did not offer tubes?

My daughter did get them often but the doctor, said not enough too put tubes in. Then all of a sudden it stopped, (knock on wood) when she was around four, she didn't get them anymore....

I thought it was alot, but it really was not as bad as I heard with other people.... Wish your baby well....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• for being an only child and not in daycare, his speech is pretty good. but i am thinking about gettin his hearing checked before he starts prek in aug.

@KFree907 thank you
    dreamangel06

Comment by dreamangel06 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My oldest (when he was little) had 10 months straight with ear infections. His doctor put him on a month of preventative medicine therapy and after that he did not have any more. My great nephew had a few ear infections and his doctor put tubes in right away. I do think you should talk to your child's doctor and see what can be done, or if tubes would be an option.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• my son is going through the same thing. I told his doctor about it and she said to get tubes in his ears and go see a specialist.
    jas2009

Answer by jas2009 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• I get ear infections all the time and have never had to have tubes put in my ears. I would talk to his doctor and see what they would recommend it may be different for a child then it is for an adult. I know they hurt like crazy and make you want to cry sometimes. Good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:37 PM on May. 11, 2011