How do you feel about this woman who is trying to sue Victoria's Secret because one of their bras gave her a bad rash?

I heard on the news that a woman is trying to file a class action lawsuit against Victoria's Secret because she and a handful of other women have gotten a bad rash (one included blisters) from wearing one of their bras (the "very sexy" line).

momofours

Asked by momofours at 1:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If they are/were knowingly using materials that are unfit for consumer use and pose a risk to consumers' health, then it is a fair lawsuit and VS should be held accountable.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Since I asked the question, now I will give my take on it: STOP WEARING THE BRA if it gives you a rash! I'm not understanding why this woman didn't simply take the bra back for a full refund. If a bra starts giving me problems, or any piece of clothing for that matter, I simply stop wearing it! I just hate the frivilous, quick money making, lawsuits these days that end up costing YOU and ME money in the long run!
    momofours

Answer by momofours at 1:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• That sounds kind of like the person that sued McDonald's because the coffee was too hot : /

But whatever. Not my problem, I don't buy from Victoria's Secret ^.^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Always wash your clothes before wearing. I have no details here. If they used a chemical they should not have used to manufacture the bras, something that does NOT wash out. then sue. If she is complaining like the hot coffee at McDonald's woman, then go away. Coffee is hot, don't put it between your legs while driving and clothing needs to be washed. What?
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Seriously? Man, my underwire came out and poked me, do you think I could too???
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I absolutely agree, Bluefrogmama! VS should be held accountable if that in fact is the case.  However, both my daughters and I wear that line, among many others from VS and have NEVER had a problem except once! The only issue one of my daughters had was that a piece of metal in the front clasp of one VS bra apparantly has nickel in it (very common) to which she is severely allergic and had a blister-type reaction. Guess what? She doesn't wear that bra any more! Ha ha ha! I guess that's too simple of a solution for these women  big smile mini

momofours

Answer by momofours at 1:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/06/victorias_secret_bra_blamed_fo.html
    I read this carefully and still can't figure out if she washed them first. or if she continued wearing them once the itch started.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• If it's a class action lawsuit I guess we're all going to get a share of that or a $5 discount coupon. I've had bruises from those underwire bras but I just tossed them.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I believe I read there were traces of formadelhyde on the garments...that has NO purpose to be on clothing...it would be one thing if as a pp mentioned it was an individual allergy to an otherwise harmless material...but I don't consider embalming fluid to have anything to do with my bras!! And that would be where the door is opened for a lawsuit...

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think that if VS is responsible for the chemical being present in the bras, then they absolutely should compensate anyone who has been physically harmed by their product. A rash or blisters can sometimes show up within hours of putting the clothing on. I doubt anyone would continue to wear the bra while breaking out in a rash.

This is the same way I feel about that baby clothing company that's been in the news. They started manufacturing tagless onesies, with the info printed on the inside. Now, most children were not affected, but some broke out in rashes because of a reaction from the printing. Companies are responsible if their products cause harm.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008