What are some healthly family hobbies?

I have a 1yr old and I am a WAHM. My DH works 70-80 hrs a week (for the next 3 months) and we really want to find a good healthy family hobby we can start at lest once a week.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My kids go "Geocaching" (I think that's what it's called) with their dad. They use compasses and maps to find things people hide all over (state parks, etc.). They really enjoy it!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• TAKE TO THE PARK TO PLAY WITH OTHER CHILDERN AND LET HER MAKE SOME FRIENDS THEN SHE WOULD GET TO RUN AROUND AND DO WHAT THERE DOING WELL YOU CAN WATCH OR PLAY ALONG WITH THEM ALL TOO.
    auntie335

Answer by auntie335 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We hike, ride bike trails, geocache, canoe/kayak, swim, jump on the trampoline. We used to surf or bodyboard when we lived in California. Go camping. We like to be outside doing anything.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• With a 1 yr old, there isn't a lot you can do that's more than play. But, when your weather permits, starting a garden can be fun. Little ones can drop large seeds into the "clean soil" and pat them in. They can watch the butterflies and worms...just be sure they eat before going out, and have sun protection. Every few days they check the progress of THEIR plants. Even grow some good veggies that they will get to eat when they are old enough. Peas can be picked, shelled, steamed and mashed for tiny farmers. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:20 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Get involved in a local theatre, it is good for all ages. My family is involved in a theatre and we are all closer and excited about doing something together that inspires us all. You may find your kids or you and spouse have a knack for Drama! LOL You all get to have FUN together! It does keep you busy, but you make so many friends and they all feel like family by the end of the Drama. It can be addictive......LOL....because you find yourself missing all the friends, so you go back and continue to be involved so you can see them.
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 1:50 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• We like to go to different parks and hiking. This morning we spent time making a Snowman and Snow Angels.
    BlueAngel626

Answer by BlueAngel626 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 15, 2011