MONEY??

Whay do people think money makes them who they are????
I hate to break it to them, but money does not make you andy more respectable than others.....and im sure someone wil say anon. something like "well you can say that bc your poor bla bla bla....." well for there info i have been rich and I have been poor and both way i dont let my money control me i control my money and i am a very giving person.... I am generous.... your attitude and heart make you who you are.. NOT MONEY!!!

lacyjay1987

Asked by lacyjay1987 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• you are right. but a lot of people on cafemom think that because they work and earn money they're better than people who stay at home. we're all moms, just trying to take care of our families. one group is not, nor will ever be, better than the other.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• AMEN TO THAT!!!
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have a coucsin who people think she is the one with money when we go out. They talk to her, to to sell to her and then act surprised when I pay or leave a tip.
    I am not rich, but I am doing OK.
    But no money doesn't make you who you are. But some people do work bery hard and are very proud.
    But most of the time when I go shopping the store employees pass right by me.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I DON'T THINK I WOULD LET MONEY GET IN THE WAY OF STUFF I LIKE HAVING FRIENDS AND I WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THEM NOT RUN THEM OFF.
    auntie335

Answer by auntie335 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Money runs the world. I don't like it either but people get treated differently when they have more to spare - because the people who are treating you differently ARE TRYING TO GET/EARN YOUR MONEY. Suddenly everyone wants to be your friend when they think they are going to get something out of it. That means that people who are used to getting treated like they are superior, start acting superior. Just like anything else, fundamentally it doesn't really matter how much you have it's what you do with it, and on a deeper level it's the person who you are morally and expressively - that defines you. People are too stuck up their own behinds to realize or care though.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 10:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The people I know who center their lives around money don't only put their careers and bank accounts before their families, but have children who grow up getting spoiled rotten (guilt for not being there... EVER?) and thinking they deserve to have everything they want handed to them. How sad.

These very people scoffed at my husband and I because we get our sons 7 presents each for Christmas... Well, gee...Don't we think our kids deserve more than that?
    Hmmm... We try to teach our kids that material things are nice to have, but it pales in comparison to spending time with their family.
    That, and as an added bonus, they respect and appreciate the things they DO get. It's not that we are poor, because we aren't.

Sorry about that rant, but this post rekindled that weeks old frustration, and I had to get it off my chest.
    And I'll never understand why people put think that money is that importa
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Money does not make you who you are, but a lack of money can drive people to do some pretty despicable things. Whoever came up with the idea of money being the root of all evil was a pretty wise man (or a woman signing a man's name!).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have like 50 cents so I know money doesnt make the person.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011