Some feel butterflies some feel pokes, which one you had?

I never with none of my pregnancy have felt butterflies movements, I have always felt pokes, I'm 15 weeks now & i told my friend the baby just poked me, & she said that wasnt my baby, im suppsoed to feel butterfiles. HUMMM, i think a mother knowns when her baby is kicking.

So moms, you had butterflies or small pokes ?

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My first and third were butterflies at first. (#1 stayed at the butterfly feeling for quite a while, #3 moved on to pokes and jabs within a few days.) My second was straight up kicks from the first movement on. That kid was crazy in utero (and he is that way out, I suppose). I had serious alien belly with him.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had both, more butterflies with the first, more pokes with the second - and that seems to fit their personalities too. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• started with butterflies then pokes then kicks then rolling around :)
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have always felt butterflies. Never got poked till later in the pregnantcy.
    GrandmaBfly1

Answer by GrandmaBfly1 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ive had both with this pregnancy and Im only 14 weeks but it is my third and last!!! lol
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i had gas..lots of gas. by the time i figured out what i was feeling was fetal movement, the timer was going off and the edges were turning brown.
    if i were ever pregnant again, i'm sure i'd recognize it sooner. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I personally have never felt "butterflies" this is my first pregnancy, when my babies movement was noticeable it was always like a little jab or poke or just like a tummy rumble but more intense.
    sbushman13011

Answer by sbushman13011 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i felt "twitches"
    heatherd702

Answer by heatherd702 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• This is my second pregnancy and 2nd and 3third babies I started feeling the butterflies/ gas feeling but now they are kicking and poking. My husband thinks that after you have been pregnant that it is easier to identify the little things the babies do. Of course he thinks he know all his kids do inside of me .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• POKES! Butterflys my a**! I am on my third and they all follow suite lets elbow, knee and kick! But they are all boys too. Later on I am sure the flips will be more intense. Like fancyjane I get alien belly!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011