20 weeks pregnant and having pains.

Ok so obviously I am 20 weeks pregnant. I am having these pains occasionally in my lower abdomen, mainly my pelvic area. They can be sharp and stabbing and only last a few seconds, then their gone for a few mins and come back. Nothing too painful but I am just concerned. Does anyone know what this could be or have experienced this during this or any point in their pregnancy?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 10:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your best bet is to call your OB/GYN. I hope it is nothing other than normal stretching and things.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• muscles expanding, Braxton Hicks. you need to make sure ur drinking a lot of water. Call the dr if you are really concerned
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thanks for the answers.I do feel the baby moving so that may just be it. If it gets worse I sure will call my doctor.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It could be round ligament pains. I had those constant throughout my pregnancies. Does it happen more often when you sneeze, cough, go from sitting to standing, etc.? That's when mine would occur. If they are so painful you can't stand them, get checked out, but it could just be the wonderful stretching pains or even pressure from baby.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• More then likely its round ligament pain. That's what i have. I am 27 weeks and have been having the same pains since i was 15 weeks. They are normal. Now if they are coming and going in regular intervals and Tylenol is not relieving it or laying down then you should probably call and get checked.

stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 11:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2011