Ideas for sore/cut thumb?

Right so I run an online business which means I'm constantly typing responses while trying to keep my other eye on the children. My problem is I, like a complete idiot, was sewing last night and basically sewed through my thumb. It bled for a while but then was okay and this morning when I woke up I'd seemed to have opened it more so it's like a gash now (not bleeding) my problem is typing, I use that thumb predominantly for the space bar and it takes me ages to type without using it haha (I sound so ridiculous...)

But any way I'm getting behind on work... I keep opening it up again when typing. I put a plaster on it but since it's a gash sort of thing it keeps bending into it when I put my thumb down onto the space bar. Yikes. So any ideas?

Don't laugh at me!

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 10:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• I have no idea if it would work or not, but have you tried putting something like orajel on your thumb to help numb it? also a bandaid would be good if you can get it nice and tight so that it's not too bulky to type (I've got one on my pointer finger now because of a knife cut last night while making dinner, it does make it harder to type).
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Super Glue and hot water.
    If you have some Super glue, glue the wound closed or just cover the holes well with a generous coat. Next, as many times as you can throughout the day run your thumb under the hottest water you can stand for as long as you can stand.
    The glue will aide with closure and healing and keep any snags from occuring while dressing or working and keep new bacteria from entering the wound. The hot water will bring new bloodflow to the area that also brings infection fighting White Blood cells to also aide with healing. These 2 simple things will get you better by tomorrow. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2011