How important is your social life to you?

I find that life only gets busier with work, family, etc. How do you find the time to catch up with friends and others in your social network? There simply do not seem to be enough hours in the day!

Sbrady8208

Asked by Sbrady8208 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Like anything else you have to MAKE time for it. Some of your social availability goes away with motherhood but I think it's necessary to pencil some "me" time in to keep yourself human enough to be a good mom and a diligent employee. Get a babysitter or ask the man to take a shift. Every once in a while, make it happen. It does wonders for "Recharging your batteries".
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 11:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We really make a point of getting together. Sometimes it is hard, although even if we go a few weeks we keep in touch through emails, phone calls and texting..Also, most of mhy friends have kids in the same sports so we see each other and make plans then. I do see some friends more then others.

I think if it is important enough then you find the time.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Not important at all.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 11:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• it use to be my world before i had my daughter and moved. even now i am just starting to make new friends and go out to lunch and socialize. mostly keep in touch through email and facebook and texting. its hard because most of my friends are out of state and the ones i do have from school are quite a bit away so its hard to make plans but i am starting to make the time. its necessary to have some me time . what they call it..."playtime".
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• mine is important to me, i try to see my friend at least once a month. my dh and i like to have our friends over and cook and hang out. and i like to go out for girls night every once in a while, we are having a girls night at the end of the month, im so excited it has been like 5 months that i have gone out alone with no dh!
    fairy_gr8momma

Answer by fairy_gr8momma at 11:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't have any really good friends since we moved 3 years ago, no one I regularly want to hang out with or go to a movie with. My good friends (from where I lived before) and I keep up by at least once a week texting one another random questions. They can be serious or just to make each other laugh. We always just let each other know that we are thinking of the other and certainly wish we were nearer. Maybe once every 3 months we'll get to chat on the phone. We are in different time zones, which makes this even more difficult than busy motherhood alone.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• once I had kids...my social life pretty much came to a screaming halt. now my kids are teens and I have still never gotten it back :(

Unfortunately moving to new states every 2-3 years doesn't make things any easier in that dept. By the time I make any friends, we end up moving again

I have Facebook, and I am SUPER greatful for that-
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• or is it grateful?!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2011