What is the best gift you received from your mother in law?

I would love to know the best gift your partner rec'd from his/her mother-in-law as well. I wouldn't mind knowing why it seems just right. I'm looking mostly for tangible gifts that others...like me...can give as well. Thanks.

workingonwisdom

Asked by workingonwisdom at 1:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Shopping

• A battery operated lantern by Coleman. It was a joint gift to us both. They are famous for sending really, really weird stuff. This actually hit the mark. We keep it by the door in the garage in case of power outages. We also take it camping with us. We camp an average of 8-10 times a year. You can take it into a tent w/o any issues. Same for walking to the BR at night and such. We liked it and used it so much we wore it out. We just replaced it with another one. We aren't quite as fond of the new one as we were the old..but it serves it's purpose.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My husband. :-)

But seriously, let's see... I'd have to say the best gift she's ever given me was a bathrobe. Sounds weird, I know. But it's super soft and warm and cozy, and I love it to death.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• HAHAHHHAA

my mother in law is far too selfish to even consider that. shed rather buy herself something. lol

what about if he likes sports?? basketball season just started my SO loves basketball and would lvoe to see his favorite team play home :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh bluefrogmama you stole my answer she got me a years subscription to taste of home cook books i absolutely love them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Lets see, my MIL bought me a carseat/stroller travel system for Christmas when I was pregnant. My mother got DH a book that he had when he was little but we couldn't find again. If you are looking for something sentimental to give your Son in Law the impression that he is loved and included, perhaps you can look into having a DVD made of pictures of him and you guys as a family and that sort of thing. I have done that for my MIL and there are a lot of places online that offer the same thing. My FIL gave me a plaqued family tree of his side of the family and I was on it. That meant a lot to me too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• The best tangible gift my mother in law has given me would be a recipe book. She is an amazing cook and knows that I am not so great at it. So she bought a recipe book and filled it with recipes she's made for us and knows we all love so that once we moved we could still have a "taste of home."

As far as gifts my husband has recieved from my mom? Umm. He would probably say the Devon Hester jersey she bought him last Christmas. It was his very first jersey and he loves it.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 1:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh "the worst gift' would have been so much more fun.
    she gave me a gold bracelet when we were dating, she enjoyed being nice to people and being well thought of. once we married all that stuff stopped. what i thought of her after we married didn't matter anymore i guess.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 2:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• a gold necklace.
    __baovang

Answer by __baovang at 2:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• haha a dildo :)
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• sewing machine, and a bad a@s vacuum
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2008