Skipped Period but not pregnant

I had my son about 7 months and I have had my period 5 times since then but now I get it one month and then skipped another month. My period as always been on time and right on shecdule and my cyle may being in the first of the month or the end of the month but I never had a skipped period before only when I was on brith control and I'm not on brith control at this time. I was wonder if this has happen to anyone else and if this normal or should I be worry and call my dr to see what is going on

LoriAnn87

Asked by LoriAnn87 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in Health

• Stress caused me to miss my period...3 months in a row. Take a preggo test to be sure. It can be stress or hormones or a little of both...we are women after all. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:45 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Your body is probably trying to Re-regulate itself after having a baby, birth control can help that occur faster, it is normal but I would talk to your doctor to rule out anything else.
    AbbysMom059

Answer by AbbysMom059 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Welcome to being a mom ! LOL I have not experienced a normal period for almost 10 years now..You can check with DR. if you feel something is wrong ...but it is most likely hormones..and depending on when you stopped breast feeding??
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 11:50 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Are you breast feeding? That will make things strange. Otherwise lots of things could make you miss your cycle. Like dieting, or too much exercise, or stress..lots of things. But if you are concerned call the Dr.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 12:40 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Tons of things can affect this...if you're nursing, if you're starting to lose some of the weight, or if you're still holding onto the weight it can throw off your cycles too. I was having a hard time with my cycles and I'm not even horribly overweight, but the dr told me to lose some weight and my cycles went right back to normal.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It was several months before my cycle started. I thought I was pregnant again. The best advice is to contact your doctor.
    Bevner

Answer by Bevner at 2:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Lots of good info about what can trigger it. For help herbally try eening primrose oil. For the web address e-mail me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 10:33 AM on Jul. 8, 2008