Trouble coping:medication or not?

Things have been rough since school started and I'm having a really hard time coping with everyday life. Add to that my 3 young boys (6,3 and 1) who are constantly challenging me and their dad with defiant behavior. I was hoping once Christmas had passed I would start feeling a bit peppier but here we are nearly in the middle of January and I have a hard time going all day without crying. We do have discipline and structure at home but lately it seems like no rule or punishment is good enough for the older boys, they don't care what the punishment will be they are still fighting with each other and me. My oldest is also having a hard time at school but not talking about it with us (partly due to not having the time to just sit down with him without his brothers and find out what's going on, if anything). I'm considering that I might be depressed and need medication but I hate to become dependent on anything and I hate that I can't snap myself out of this like I have in the past, I can't think straight, I can't concentrate on anything. We have a 3 day weekend coming up and I am really dreading it even though my husband will be off work too. I am weighing pros and cons of medication and just can't decide. any suggestions appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• i went to my dr to get on medz and he told me that im not depressed, im agitated.....well, i am now!!!!!!!!!! i loved my happy pills when i had them. i had energy and was happier, and could deal with my 5 yr old, who is the same way as your older two.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Would you ever consider natural alternatives? Or maybe counseling? I believe medication has it's time and place, but I always like to exhaust every possible resource prior to taking medication. But you really might need something for a time.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011