Do you hold back? adult content

First let me say I am over weight, about 100 lbs over weight to be exact and i feel like i hold back a lot in my marriage. My husband tells me all the time I am pretty and he loves me and we've only been together for 3 yrs. I feel like i'm not good enough for him or that he is going to leave me one day so why give him everything. He has never cheated and says he wants to be with me forever. I had 3 kids in 5 yrs and it has been rough on my body. Anyone else hold back in a relationship or feel like they're not good enough?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Aw...do try to find a way out of this or you are going to create a self-fulfilling prophecy, momma! Think of all the ways you and your body are wonderful and focus on enhancing those things! Let your husband think and see you for the fabulous wife/mother/woman that you are to him! Give him your all, or it isn't worth giving anything!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You are not alone. I do this too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I used to. Then I met my fiancee. I don't hold anything back. I figure that if I do hold back that is more incentive for him to leave. And then, if he does leave when I give my all, then he wasn't worth it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• no my husband tells me everyday that he loves me and that i'm beautiful too... i never thought that my husband would ever cheat on me either but i was self concions about myself and didn't like the way my weight was to me... so i worked on that and lost more then 40lbs.. i'm still working on loosing 20 more... it's within your self that needs to be fixed so start eating right and go for walks daily... and don't ever think your not good enough for nobody.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 11:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You are not alone girl! I feel so ugly to my husband he tries to say different.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• all the time. Stop it. I know it's much easier said than done but you have to separate your trust issues from your self esteem issues. Allow yourself to love yourself. Take credit for the good work you've done with that body of yours (every time you use it to make him, erm... "happy"). Do what it takes to make yourself feel sexy and confident. Break down your reasons for feeling the way you do into manageable chuncks of problems with manageable solutions. Then figure out why you don't believe him, and what you really have to loose by giving him everything. Could it really make things worse? Could it really hurt any less if things do go wrong? Try and figure out what your REAL reasons for being conflicted and upset are and try not to blame him or take out on him what isn't his fault. I have been where you are, it's hard to turn it inward. Loosing weight helped me... a lot. Message me if you like. GOOD LUCK!!!
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 11:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I used to. Especially after the birth of my first son. However, I realized that my husband has never lied to me, never decieved me, and never shown any interest in leaving. Therefore, I had to admit to myself that who I was IS what he wants even if I'm not who I was when we first met. I am 70 lbs heavier then I was when we first met. I've had (Or will have, due in Feb) three kids in just about three years. That takes a tole on your body greatly. Yet he still shows me everyday that even though I'm not what I used to be I'm still what he wants.

You have to be happy with yourself though. If you're not, then nobody else is going to make you happy. That goes for everything involving a relationship romantic or otherwise. So if you're not happy with you, then you need to do something about it and change your way of thinking.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011