what to do about a unhappy enviroment :(

me and my hubby and little girl are happy as can be together , but we live with my in laws in the basement of there home , my SIL's boyfriend and i hate eachother and cant stand to live in the same household and im starting to dislike my SIL alot she is always lieng to me my MIL my BIL my DH and acts like i never let her see my daughter but i ask her to baby sitt alot and she always gives me some excuse there is always non stop fighting between everyone because my SIL and her boyfriend are lazy bums and my SILis 28 lost all 3 of her kids did drugs has live back with my MIL for a year hasnt attempted to get a job my DH and my SIL's boyfriend were working together up until last night all because of me my SIL and her boyfriend have never paid rent dont put food in the house except for whatever junk they want upstairs and never share and i am almost to the point where i am gonna take my daughter and leave but i dont want to because of my hubby and MIL my hubby is now looking for work aswell am i and we have no money to get a place nor is it a good time because my FIL is dieng :(

HavensMommy731

Asked by HavensMommy731 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel for you. I have lived with in-laws before, 12 years ago. My circumstances weren't the same, but my husband and I left just in time! I was already planning to leave that place when my husband finally got hired and I stuck out the last few weeks. But I would live in a box or under a bridge before I ever lived in that house again. I haven't even been there in the last 4 years, and I don't plan on ever going back there as long as my fil is alive.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• "my SIL's boyfriend and i hate eachother and cant stand to live in the same household and im starting to dislike my SIL alot she is always lieng to me "

Then don't talk to her. Simple. Is there a separate entrance to your part of the house? If so, use it. If not, say NOTHING MORE THAN ABSOLUTELY NEEDED to these people. NOTHING MORE. "Needed" would be, "The house is burning, get out."

I had trouble understanding who you're talking about with the babysitting, but whoever it is, tell the truth, "You're never available." End discussion. (If it's SIL, you're not talking to her anyway.)

"there is always non stop fighting between everyone"

Stay out of it. Seriously. Go out or to the basement.

You need to get out of that house. Even though your FIL is dying. You need your own place.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We currently live w my sil. she is a dominate person. Likes things her way. So I feel for you. If I could I would leave her house in a heart beat. Good Luck.
    augest1

Answer by augest1 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 12, 2011