where do you plan on going to for vacation this year

where do you plan on going to for vacation this year?

Have you ever been there before or is this your first time going?

If it isnt your first time there what is your favorite thing to do there?

I'm trying to get some ideas on places to go with my family if our 1st choice dont come through

mommato2boys79

Asked by mommato2boys79 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Travel

• We're planning a family vacation for about 4-5 days and have NO CLUE where yet. My husband is pushing for a Disney cruise and I agree but then we're looking at several hundred dollars for passports we might never use again. 2nd choice is Seaworld or another Dolphin friendly area (never been)

My DH and I will be going to Vegas (alone probably, not 100% sure yet) to renew our wedding vows and have some adventures, see some shows, take a helicopter ride, etc ... we haven't been to vegas in over 7 yrs
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• going to new orleans this month - first time
    goint to san fransico for dd sweet 16 - first time
    goint to indiana - ugh... not first time... boring... but have to go due to family
    goint to new york - fun... going to be in long island but may get out to the city or to hamptons for a couple days
    so far that is it.
    Anonymous

• We are going as a family to NJ to visit a CM friend.It will be the first time for the trip and our first time as a family.
    We are going away for a weekend to Chicago to celebrate our 15 years together next dec. first time
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• We do an annual trip to the panhandle of Florida with the kids - we go for a week and rent a house on the beach.

DH and I will probably head to Las Vegas for a long weekend to see a show (we've done that several times before), then a visit or two to the Caribbean to dive. (We've just about dove everywhere down there, we always try new spots).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:32 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• Sounds like fun I wish we had more time to go to more places :) Hope you have fun on your Vacation
    mommato2boys79

Comment by mommato2boys79 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No where... I will be in clinicals all summer
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would love to go on a Disney Cruise but I think my boys may be to young this year. So I think we are going to try and go to Disneyland we are going to be buying a new place and doing some other stuff so we are going to try to go but if not we are going to try and find somewhere else kid friendly
    mommato2boys79

Comment by mommato2boys79 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Garden City, SC for a week - where we go every year and then my parents have a beach condo in SC, in laws have a beach house in NC so we go to one or the other most weekends throughout the spring/summer/fall

Answer by missanc at 2:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Im going to flordia
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Going to the CA central coast. Have a cousin who recently had surgery and needs some help during her recovery. We have been to Monterey/Carmel area lots of time but love it--the charming little bistros, art galleries, shopping, 17 Mile Drive, great seafood restaurants, the sound of the ocean, the weather, etc.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2011