IS IT OKAY FOR FEMALE FRIENDS TO CALL YOUR HUSBAND?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 12:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends what for. If it's for a quick question, no big deal, if it's to chat, I'd be curius why she'd be calling my husband and not me.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yeah, of course. Gender doesn't make a friendship more or less valid.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Of course.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Depends on why they called. My (girl) friend calls my husband sometimes to ask him where I'm at if she can't get ahold of me, or ask him a question he might know the answer to or whatever. But I might feel a little akward if they constantly called just to chat. Like if they talked more than we did lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Mine does if her husband is busy and needs to ask mine a question lol. Or she will just go through me.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 12:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Sure!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes, there are a few girls that will sometimes call him. Most of the time it is for a class project or it is one of his friends from work that just happens to be a girl. They will sometimes go out to lunch to talk though since my husband isn't much of a phone talker.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't think so, under most circumstances. Of course, I'm currently dealing with a woman that my husband works with having an enormous crush on him and saying/doing inappropriate things. He gently told H.R. about it and they talked with her. Then she started calling me and trying to be all friendly, buying stuff for our children...I'm afraid we're going to have to get a restraining order...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• of course. I have 100% faith in my husband that what ever is being said is appropriate and that his relationship with other women is appropriate.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 12:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• not if it makes you uncomfortable. You have to kindly tell him that it bothers you and trouble shoot ways to alleviate this discomfort. Figure out what part of this makes you uncomfortable and why and try and get on the same page with your husband and your friends. Understand each other's needs and boundaries and see if you can live with them.

If it were me, I'd be less than warm and fuzzy about it. Was it a long call? Would he leave the room to talk to her? How often does it happen and do you know what they talked about? It's all up to you two to decide where your boundaries and comfort zones are but you need to communicate them in a polite, compromising, and loving way. GOOD LUCK! I hope you don't have to slap a ho! LOL
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 12:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011