How can we believe her ?

For the last 2 years my brother has been on and off with his "fiance" ...We live in a small town where everyone knows everyone, and I think he should have listened when he had SEVERAL people tell him to not mess with her because she is PSYCHO !

They have broke up several times because she has tried to control my brother, she would "hold onto" his wallet and keys and he had to ask her to go somewhere, he singed up for the Air Force and got $10,000 - SHE spent it in ONE MONTH - leaving him $42 of it , and then the last time they broke up was because she went to his boss and tried to get him fired so he could spend more time with her.

They lived with my parents for a short time she would literally throw fits and scream at my parents, she wouldnt even pick up her dirty dishes or clothes and expected my parents to make a trail through her trash.

So, we were relieved when my brother wised up and left her, they were broken up for months, and he went back to his old self, he got his dream job ( firefighter) and even bought a nice house and got a nice truck.... Then on Thanksgiving day he brought her over, and said that she changed and they are back together...... she really seemed like she was different, we though maybe the time apart made her realize how crappy she treated him.... But then over the last several weeks we would see them bicker and how she still treated him .

We knew it would happen and it did -- saturday they found out that she is PREGNANT .... Yesterday she told us she is due September 1st ... BUT on december 19th she was complaining about how bad her period was ( for days she complained) ... and My mom was suppose to take her to her Drs appt. to find out, well she decided that she just wanted my brother to gow ith her, but then she went by herself and just took a break from work.... and she said that the OBGYN told her she is 5 weeks.... but she said she went to the same obgyn that I went to with my kids and I KNOW that you cant have your first appt. until you are ATLEAST 8 weeks and you have to have a Drs note saying that you had a pregnancy test done int he office ... which she wouldnt have had time to do since she found out on saturday and " went to the obgyn" on monday morning...

AND now she is telling my brother that she doesnt like the benefits of the insurance she has and wants to get married ASAP so she can get his insurance for their baby..... we obviously think its a trap, and are afraid that my brother is too blind to see it...

We see them everyday and it is so hard to not be upset, we cant trust her and it is because of the things that SHE has done. What would you do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Obviously everybody sees the signs but him, telling him what to do now won't change his mind. Hopefully he makes the right choice on his own.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Unfortunately there isn't anything you CAN do without driving your brother away. The harder you drive her away, the more he'll cling.

His child should be able to get his insurance WITHOUT marriage... he needs to ask his HR manager.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• She is pretending to be pregnant and if she is so sorry for your brother. He knows if she is really pregnant its going to get worse for him right? She will use this child to make his life hell my cousin had a wife like this and she took everything tell him to make sure she is pregnant to get custody after he finds out its his or if its real and move on.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• She can't be pregnant - she would have gotten pregnant around the end of November if she's due Sept. 1 - and she had her period in the middle of December? Take your brother aside and just mention that you did the math and it's not adding up, that she couldn't be 5 weeks pregnant, due Sept 1, and have had her period just a few short weeks ago. Ask him if he's sure she is, since it doens't add up.
    Anonymous

• Considering her track record I don't blame you for suspecting that she is falsly claiming to be pregnant.Anyway,there really isn't much you can do.You have to allow your brother to make his own choices and mistakes.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• sorry, but hes about to have a rude wake up call...............
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ask him if they were even together at the time she'd have gotten pregnant. I say talk with him. Since he knows her track record, he may listen to you. It's too bad you can't trick her into taking a test at home, huh?
    Even if they get married, because she says she's preggo, but not, then he can file for an annulment. If that's the only reason he'd marry her.
    I do agree with you though, I wouldn't trust her. It does sound like she's lying, it just doesn't add up.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011