How could someone not know they are having twins with all the U/S they got during there pregnancy?

Do you think someone who told everyone during her whole pregnancy that oh I am having a girl but at the end turns out to be twin boys, jsut want people to give her free stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, no kidding. I read someone on here too last week who said they were supposed to have a boy but had twin girls. I call bs on that after talking to my SIL - she's got 3 medical degrees, has been 3 kinds of nurse and is currently in school to get her women's health something or other (she'll basically be an ob-gyn) - and she said in this day and age it's almost impossible for a mistake like that.
    Anonymous

• That does happen. When they do the ultra sound the babies could be on top of each other and they only see one.

But for me my tummy was huge and it was shaped like a heart and I told my Doctor that and he said it must be twins. I got a x-ray not a ultra sound , it was 1981 so his office did not do ultra sound yet.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• depends on the Ultra Sound and position of babies!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It happens....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I know a woman who thought she was having a large boy, but had twin girls. I don't think it's common, but I know for fact that it has happened.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My twins hide behind one another and heart beats was in sync. I am not trying to give her an excuse but it is possible .......... sometimes the way you carry them you only feel on at an time kicking. This is not the case in mine though they both are really active.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 1:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I work with a man that didn't know he was having twins. They are 18 now, so it was a while ago. But they had ultrasounds. They just never picked up the 2 babies. It was a total shock at the birth. They have a lot of money and had the best care.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2011