Anyone have a child obsessed with maps?

My daughter loves maps SO much. She can locate China, the United States, and she likes to look through Atlas's to find out information about the places. She spends at least 5 minutes a day asking the names of the parts of the world on a map I put up for her in her reading center. She is 2 and a half by the way and I don't know if this is typical toddler behavior or not.

Anyone have a child obsessed with maps or who was obsessed with maps at an early age?

Thanks,
Dani

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 1:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• No but I love maps myself, lol. I have a globe in my dinningroom and just took down the United States of America map I had hanging on the wall (to make room for something else). My kids can locate a few of the states but they aren't particularly interested in it yet.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no that is awesome though! (my son is just 3 still!)    research professions she can apply that knowledge and interest to and see if she can get involved young! that is wonderful (i teach/ can you tell???)

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2008