I've been seeing these Avon commercials on T.V...

Can you really make it by selling Avon from home? Has anyone done it or is doing Avon now?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm a leadership representative and have been for the past 12 years. I do admit that the market is saturated, but 90% of representatives don't work their business. You must have a mindset to success and you will succeed. I left a corporate job 12 yrs ago and have not worked for anyone since then. Most representatives don't "believe" they can make money with Avon. In 2009, I earned over $30,000 between leadership bonuses and personal sales. It is important that you join with a leadership representative who knows and understand the business who can coach you to successs. I train my team weekly through webinars to help you succeed. If you listen to the nay sayers, you'll fail.

If you're interested in joining me, please inbox me - I'd love to coach you to success.

Blessings to you!
    wrkfrmhmcoach

Answer by wrkfrmhmcoach at 2:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2011

• graceslove.....it's Mary Kay with the pink car, not Avon!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I found Avon to be hard because there are so many people who sell it. Instead I'm doing direct sales with Mia Bella's Candles and Barefoot Book. If you'd like more info on either of these, check out the links on my profile page. I'll also be happy to answer any questions.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My mother has been doing Avon for 25+ years. And she paid for my wedding with her earnings... So yeah, you can make an income that way, it just takes work.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I sell Scentsy...and I make good money.
    https://my2scents.scentsy.us
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I sold Avon for years. And it was tough....you do have to be prepared to spend money in the beginning and consistantly after that. You have to make phone calls and follow up with customers to ask for the order, because many times people forget. I would get 200-500 brochures every campaign (a campaign lasts 2 weeks) to canvass with, I had window decals on my car, lawn signs, photo tote bags advertising I sold Avon, etc etc and most campaigns after brochures, bags, demos etc were paid for I didn't keep much in my pocket.

For awhile was a Unit Leader but even spending time with my downline, most didn't do a lot in sales.....I made most of my money from being an assistant to my District Manager, I made phone calls reminding reps to place their orders or PAY their balances due, I helped at meetings and earned a paycheck each month for doing that!

It can be tough because SO many people are reps with Avon!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You can make money with Avon! I wouldn't want to deliver products, order inventory or deal with peoples money though, sounds like a pain.

Hannah Mayr
    http://hannahmayr.blogspot.com
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 2:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have a friend that sells avon and does do well with it. Avon and Marykay are absolutely everywhere tho. I did Mary Kay and it didn't work out because it was everywhere, plus there is too much money they want you to invest in inventory w/ mk. I have a friend that does MK and shes driving the pink cadilac after just 2-3 yrs of being in the business. I am in direct sales w/ Gold Canyon Candles and love it! I make great money and was promoted w/in just one month of joining. If you would like to hear more let me know!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I've known some of the women that sell enough to win the pink car!
    graceslove

Answer by graceslove at 1:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

•  

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosmeticsdatabase.com  
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products. 

Answer by rkoloms at 9:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011