im almost 39 wks pregnant and 2 cen. dialated,having on and off contractions and am just so ready to have the baby, its my third one, any hints on how to make labor start now without stopping after an hour????>

kim22377

Asked by kim22377 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was told that mopping the floor (exercise) will help start labor. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• There is no sure fire way to trigger labor. Your body is going to do what it is going to do. Let yourself dilate naturallly. The further along you are before pains begin, the faster the deliver will likely be. I was 3 cm dilated with my 2nd child before labor started. 2 hours start to finish!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• ive heard alot of things will help .. like having sex.... and also walking.. they say that castrol oil will help.(not the kind u put in your car).. something to do with how it helps your bowels to contract..not for sure.. also they say the thing about the full moon.. good luck chick hope this helps!
    TabithaFox

Answer by TabithaFox at 1:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Is this any different than your previous pregnancies? Have you spoke with or seen the Dr. since it started? If not I suggest you do, same thing happened to me. When they hit they hit hard and FAST got to the hospital @ 10:59pm baby born 11:12pm not much time staff was frantic.
    sbuenrostro

Answer by sbuenrostro at 2:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Lots of walking does the trick for me.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 3:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I dont know if its true but if you massage certain parts of your feet it can trigger labor try it see if it works tell your husband to do hard though he cant be gentle if you wanna go into labor .Good Luck :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Don't use castor oil. It does work but it causes diahrea and severe dehydration for you. This will make you have less energy to push. Nipple stimilation worked for me. Rub nipples for 15min out of every hour, after a couple hrs I was in the hospital. Had my DD in one hr from start to finish and she is my first.
    jeslynn1818

Answer by jeslynn1818 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had to shovel snow. You can also do the "baby dance". You sit on a birthing (or exercise) ball and circle your hips. It's said to help position baby's head right and help them decend.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• DO NOT USE CASTOR OIL (which by the way is COMPLETELY different from Castrol oil). There are a VERY SERIOUS amount of risk to both you and the baby.

You can walk, have sex, do deep squats, place EPO capsules on your cervix, try eating Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean (google it...the resturant GUARENTEES you'll go into labor), and you can try the "Belly Lift Techique" which you can learn how to do in the book.
    Anonymous

• Sex worked for us. I was 39 weeks. We had sex and I started contractions an hour later. Had her the next morning!
    KaileezMom

Answer by KaileezMom at 7:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2011