did u have this happen when u were on merina?

Hello,
it seems like ever since i got on merina i been getting alot of morning sickness just randomly and i been gettin bad cramps randomly as well, my doc said there was no need for me to come back in to get it checked til my next yearly. did u have this issue with it? i have it over over 2 months now..but the morning sickness just started around chirstmas time..

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told to go back after having it for three months to make sure it was still in he right position THEN I only had to get it checked yearly. You shouldn't be getting sick from it since the low dose of hormones is deposited directly into your uterus instead of having to travel through your blood stream.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:42 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I ALSO GET HEADACHES ALOT MORE TOO
    babymama8787

Comment by babymama8787 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• yep, and i got a rash like i did with my first pregnancy. it did subside, but i had a checkup shortly after i had it put in, and explained to the nurse and my doc what had happened, and they weren't concerned with it (and i had a great doc), but i had taken a pregnancy test, and it came back negative. if you're nervous about it, make an appointment..pregnancy with mirena is possible, when i had my ob appointment for this pregnancy i didn't put on my paperwork that i had had the iud removed back in march, and the nurse that took all my stats had told me that she knew 2-3 people that had gotten pregnant with mirena in within that month. again, if you're concerned make an appointment, it'll put your mind at ease to know for sure that nothing's going on.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have had some pregnancy type side effects and there is absolutely no way I am preggers.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 2:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have gotten the morning sickness feeling and bad cramps...different pregnancy symptoms off and on since about a month or so after I got Mirena...I have had it for almost 8 months now and the side effects have calmed down the past few months. Hopefully they dont come back though because I was on the verge of getting it out from how sick I felt.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had some pregnancy symptoms as well. I even went as far as to take a pregnancy test but it came out negative. I don't know why I got the symptoms but they did go away. I got mine in September.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i had pregnancy symptoms with my mirena as well. tender sore breasts, morning sickness, my tummy got hard like when youre pregers... all that. i had mine in for a year total but symptoms started around 3-4 months and i had no period after 1 month of having it. i also had alot of weight gain and no losing no matter what i did. i got it taken out and within a month lost 30 lbs of water weight... good luck sweetie
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 9:37 AM on Jan. 12, 2011