what should i pack to go to the hospital?

getting ready for new baby

Asked by flints_angel at 9:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• COMFY clothes to ride home in (so comfy undies, bra, etc.), toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, (basically anything you would take for an overnight somewhere), an outfit for your new baby...i also took a radio to play a CD of songs i wanted to listen to during labor and a small cooler with fruit popsicles and a box of cheerios to snack on during labor. if you have a picture you've decided on to focus on during hard labor, don't forget to pack that too!

HAVE FUN!!!!

Answer by retz at 10:03 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Whatever makes you comfortable. You will need all of the comfort products that you can get your hands on. Besides the usual list of night gowns and undies...I took my favorite soaps, body washes, lotions, don't forget the chapstick, lots of magazines, some thank you's to write, Band-aids...yea I needed one in the hospital and could not get one. LOL I also packed my favorite tea bags...Peppermint tea is great for heartburn after having baby. Just take anything that makes you feel good. This is your time to pamper yourself. Have a wonderful experience!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Ok, the only thing I really had to have was:
    a hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste, chapstick(seriously), a back massager, my makeup(as soon as I was done i wanted makeup on.)baby's take home outfit, my go home outfit, a snack, underwear, and deodrant.

I've heard of taking nighties and music and tons of other stuff, but I slept in my hspital gown until I went home and and i didn't give a crap about music. It's too intense to get bored.
    I just wanted to be clean.

Answer by katimae at 10:06 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I packed enough clothes for a week, even though I was only there for 3 days, just in case you bleed through or whatever, I also backed a few out fits for the baby because I changed him often, (spit up etc...) and whatever else you usually pack for an overnighter. also bring an empty bag, maybe a big purse or some plastic bags, because the hospital gives you tons of free stuff, and whatever else visitors bring. you'll want to be able to carry it all.

Answer by workenmom at 10:07 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I bring foot cream. I make my hubby rub my feet and also I bring a tennis ball or 2 nad an old sock and have him rub my back and shoulders. Bring a couple of gowns if you don't want to wear the hospital one the whole time. Don't forget your camera. If you have a baby book, bring it so you can write things down. I bought some travel sized items to use because I don't like the stuff the hospital gave me. Bring extra pads, diapers, and formula if you plan to bottle feed. DO NOT forget the infant carrier :)

Answer by busybee914 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• lots of underware

Answer by beck241 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Stuff for you like going home clothes(baggy ones), deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, liquid soap. nursing bra if you are nursing. comb, brush, Going home clothes for baby, car seat, camera or vidoe camera. You won't need diapers because the hospital has a ton for you and they even provide you with a baby bag. Pads for yourself if you don't want to use the hospital one. I actually liked theres.

Answer by jfreesNish at 12:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Alright I packed comfy clothes that I didn't care if I got blood on them. Baggy and comfy. I also brought my own pads (for vaginal birth) and nursing bra's and shirts (for breastfeeding) I brought some comfy sandals and slippers. I brought my baby some clothes and blankets. I brought my own pillow and some small shampoo, soap, toothbrush, make-up, lotion, ect. I didn't want to take too much so I made sure it was all compact and I made sure it was stuff I was going to use. Because with a new baby there I probably didn't use half the stuff lol.

Answer by Mrs.Wills at 3:07 PM on Jun. 19, 2008