feels like i cant breath?

Im 16wks and 4days prego im not really that big yet but everytime i lay on my back proped up i feel like i cant breath, it doesnt seem to help to sleep on my side either. Whenever i lay down in bed to go to sleep i feel like it takes along time to catch my breath. anyone know why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• welcome to the second trimester. I bet you are going to carry high when you do start showing.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• ...to answer the actual question...sorry, as the baby grows, things get crowded. Lungs included. It isn't pleasant
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 2:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Before you know it, you'll forget about this...until you can take a deep breath again after Baby's been born.

However, mention it at your next doctor's appointment...they most likely will tell you you're normal, but it's always good to tell them of problems they can't see, just in case something else might be going on that they're watching for, know what I mean?

I'd try to stop laying on your back as well, as it's going to start compressing things even more (and eventually it can be bad for the baby as well).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008