Do you find that tampons hurt?

I have never ever been able to tolerate tampons...and I am wondering if I'd have the same results with a Diva cup.

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 1:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• i wouldnt say it hurts, but they are uncomfortable. no matter how many times ive tried to insert them it never gives me that "free" feeling they claim it will. i dont even try anymore...pads are just so much easier for me. ive never tried the Diva cup, but i assume id have the same problems.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I can't use tampons because I get major cramps with them. I tried the Diva cup and had the same results.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• im still getting used to tampons at 24 years old, i still wear pads most of the time. the ONLY tampon i've ever successfully gotten in is the Pearl. even then it's uncomfortable.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They hurt me. It's like they don't stay in and then it's painful to the outside of my vagina. Maybe my vagina isn't deep enough for them?? I don't even know what Diva Cup is LOL Have to look now.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I did at first, it took a lot of practise to get it right, I tend to just use maxi pads constantly but when it's too heavy I have to use a tampon as well as so it's just about perseverance I think. Took me so many years though... Diva Cup I've never tried, it looks scary to me!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They don't hurt me but ever since I had my son they're uncomfortable. I usually wear pads but I'd prefer to wear tampons if they didn't drive me crazy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No, if they hurt, you are not putting them in correctly.

Answer by older at 1:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't think it's always true that you aren't using them correctly if they hurt. I've been having periods for 16 years. It seems in 16 years of trying I might have gotten it right at least once. Afterall, there are only so many ways you can accomplish this thing. But I hear that a lot.
    misses_nick

Comment by misses_nick (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• no, never

If you can feel it, it's in wrong.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Ever since I had my first they hurt and befor e the baby i used them only.... what is a Diva Cup???
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011