I've read a post that said someone will get 10k in a refund with 3 kids, what is the adj gross for this amount?

sbuenrostro

Asked by sbuenrostro at 1:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• go to irs.gov and click on individual then look for the EIC assistant. It will let you plug in numbers and give you an estimate for EIC if you qualify.

Answer by gemgem at 1:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My guess is around $27,000. That is what we made last year and we got about $9,500.
    Anonymous

• Are you asking that specific person? My BIL said they got about $10,000 back last year with three kids. But I think they had other tax credits in addition to EIC and the child tax credit.

I'd estimate their income at about $24,000
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Is the person single and claiming all 3? There are a lot of factors to include like homeownership, daycare expenses, and education loans.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 5:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would not want the government using my money unless they were going to pay me interest

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011