Anyones 2 yr old hate getting hair washed?

She loves baths just not getting her hair washed.... She screams and fights having it done.

I have tried visors, getting a baby doll that we wash her hair, no matter what way I try to do it she fights it.

What worked for you?

Charis76

Asked by Charis76 at 1:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 4 year old hated it around that age, she was terrified of getting water in her face/eyes. i bought the "shampoo cup" and she didn't mind as much.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I just bear with it! She doesn't have much hair to wash anyhow so its the first thing I wash when she gets her bath so she can enjoy the rest of bathtime!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• On my 3 yr old we use diving scuba type goggles so she can pretend she's a sea explorer. Works for us aha. Good luck!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My son HATES it, but he doesn't care if he gets water splashed in his face. We keep his hair short, so I only wash it when it stinks LOL.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 1:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My son hated it too - him using a washcloth over his eyes NOW works for us at 3 years old..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• mine sure did, both of them.
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 1:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Nothing worked for us i just had to let her grow out of it. I hope you can find something that works for you.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My kids hated it too. I had them hold a washcloth over their eyes while I carefully poured water on their head.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have the shampoo cup but...he won't lay back and let me use it right. Oh he hates it! Loves baths but hates washing his hair. So usually I just take a wet washcloth lather the shampoo his hair and wipe out the shampoo out afterwards with the wet cloth. Do what we can do. GL!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i fight with my two year old everytime. she won't lean back to get the soap out. So she ends up with it in her eyes everytime. I figure that one of these days she will get it and do what I say.
    a_burch32

Answer by a_burch32 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2011