will you buy your kids a car when they are of age to drive?

gardenchic

Asked by gardenchic at 1:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• I did, all three of them got used cars.

Answer by older at 1:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• heck no....they can buy their own car just like I had too
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 1:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If I can afford to, maybe. Not a brand new one though. It will be a used, but reliable one. He will have a job though, I'm not just handing him a car so he can go joyriding in his free time.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I wish I could afford to.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm hoping that I can afford to buy half of a car. Whatever they can afford, I will double it. I don't believe kids should have super nice cars for their first. Less anger if a fender bender type accident happens. = )
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 2:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I wouldnt if I had tons of money! I appreciated my car soooo much because I had to work hard to get it.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 2:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• im saving now to HELP them pay for a car - or use that money for college or for their first apartment, or something important. i dont know what my future holds for me, but as of right now there is no way i could afford to buy them a car. i have 3 kids so that only makes it all the harder as far as saving for things like this.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• For our oldest son, no. We have a car that was totaled in a accident and Grandpa is going to help him fix it so it is drivable. So he is still working for the car.
    For the other two, I am not sure, they are still little, 4 and 3.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I always wondered why my parents just wouldn't buy me a car, then I got a job and paid cash for my very first car, a 92 Chevy Cavalier....a girl in my class got a brand new 2000 something or other for her 16th bday.....I treated my car like gold because I worked very hard for my car, she let everyone and their mother drive it around like crazy!! Tought me a valuable life lesson and I hope to enstill the same in my children, I would lide to be able to help a little but the majority will be their hard earned money!!
    tcjsmomma

Answer by tcjsmomma at 2:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• They already know I will pay 1/2 of a used car for them when they are 17. We have a 3rd car that they can use when they are 16 and get their license. At 9 and 10 they are already putting aside small amounts of money into their savings account to go towards their car when they turn 17.

Answer by missanc at 2:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011