adoption in Michigan

I am hoping some of you ladies know about adopting in MI. My hubby and I have a bio son and hope to have more, but I would love to adopt. I have heard that you can get financial assistance to offset the adoption costs, but have no idea where to start. I would love any suggestions on this andany suggestions on where to start.

Thanks....

Oh any adoptin stories???

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Adoption

• I am curious too. My husband and I want to adopt children in MI too. :-) I haven't gotten very far but all I hear is that it's nearly impossible if you already have kids :-( fostering is an option but that has it's cons too. Good luck and let me know if you find anything valuable! Thanks!
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 2:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• What type of adoption are you interested in completing? If you're adopting from foster care, there are likely no costs involved.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well, I am really open. I would def consider fostering. I am really just getting my feet wet and need some advice!
    crazy4u49033

Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm not in MI, but we adopted our son through the foster care system in our state. Very inexpensive. Joy of our lives! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thanks keep it coming!
    crazy4u49033

Comment by crazy4u49033 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am in MI and DH and I just adopted twins. Please join my group here on Cafemom, M.A.M.A. (Making Adoption More Affordable) and send me a PM. I am happy to answer any questions you have!

TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:13 AM on Jan. 14, 2011