Diarrhea and immediate diaper rash in almost 3yr old

We have been having issues with my almost three year old DD. She has always been sensitive to milk so she is on lactaid. We only give our children one cup (sippy cup) of juice a day. They get no soda (except very few occasions). She though often, not every day, but several times a week gets diarrhea. The diarrhea can occur several times in a day, it is muccousy, but not bloody. It will also cause her butt to blister immediately. I have had her to Dr. and that is when we switched milk, but she is still having this issue. Any one have thoughts as to figure out what is wrong. She as far as I know has only a milk sensitivity, and not other allergies. She does have a younger sister that has several food allergies. I don't see to be getting answers from peds.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Two suggestions. First, try eliminating the juice. You can also try adding a probiotic to her diet, just check this with the pediatrician. You can get it in capsule form and just add it into food or a drink. Lastly, try keeping a food diary to see if you notice a pattern.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Food allergies are likely. Some children just have acidic digestive tracks. Did your DD have acid reflux as a child? If so she may be having issues with that still. Also, I have hears Malox is a good product for blistered bottoms. Just take a cotton bal and dab it on.
    Ms.Wendy83

Answer by Ms.Wendy83 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thanks ladies... No history of acid reflux.
    MommyPeck3

Comment by MommyPeck3 (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Jan. 12, 2011