I want to be a surrogate mother

How old do I have to be, and where can I do it?

3Smiths

Asked by 3Smiths at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont think you have to be a certain age other then more then likely over 18. There are sometimes ads in the paper for surrogate mothers other wise call a local adoption agency they may be able to give you more info. Make sure though that is something you really want. Being pregnant is a amazing thing and when your done you have to hand that baby over its not your baby.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure that the age requirement is 18. Check out http://www.creatingfamilies.com/SM/SM_Info.aspx

You will have to go through psychological testing, etc. but I think that it's a really great gift! I personally couldn't do it, but I SO admire the women who can!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 3:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• wow thats really brave...i wouldnt be able to hand over a baby i was bakin for 9 mos. good luck
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 4:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• After looking at your profile, I'd have to say you have some other things to deal with first. If I am reading it correctly you are single, pregnant, and still in high school. It is a noble thing to do for someone, but I think you'll better be able to decide if it's for you when you are a little older and more settled. I'm not saying you should never do it, but I definitely think you should wait a few years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• you have to be at least 22 in some states and already have had a child and go through a psychiatric exam and other interviews.. i wanted to see if i could do it and was turned down..:( ..good luck
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• no she miscarried, look more at her profile, and she has been a freshman 2 times. Not like everyone has to know but she should graduate first and then think about kids. She wil ruin her future is she has any now, she like what 15yrs old?
    Anonymous

• I am sorry for your loss. I didn't catch that when I viewed your profile. I hope you are finding the support you need right now.
    Anonymous