childcare

I am trying to find a sitter for my 2 and 4 year old girls. It will be 3 days a week and one weekend out of a month too. It will be for 9 hours a day. The sitter will come in my home what is a fair price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• $10 per hour?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I paid $35 (per kid) when using home daycare. So 2 kids- $55-$70 each DAY she sits is fair IMO. I go lower for you, for I paid for my home DCP to also provide food and snacks and activities. YOU are already providing that stuff if it is in your HOME.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You can set up a daily rate. I live in the Bay area and when I worked as a nanny for one kid I got $20 an hour...which is high. You can set up like $75 per day, maybe you can have someone who will bargain with you. Usually $10 an hour is fair around here, up to 15 an hour.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Oh and some nannies/sitters will offer lower prices if they can bring other kids that they watch as well, or if they already have a kid they are more likely to charge less because they understand a parents preference is to have one on one care. That's where you can really find the deals. My friend has 4 kids and watches 3 and only charges $5 per hour for each kid.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:23 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I pay my sitters $10/hour for my two boys.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• So everyone that is saying 70-100 a day do yall do that on a weekly basis? or is it just on occasion this is a permanent possition for every week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• OP with 2 kids it will always be more money. If I was working this year, I'd be paying $300/week for my 2 kids M-F. That's HOME care.
    Anonymous

• Check out care.com for your area and see what people charge/pay. Use the pulldown and your zipcode.

http://www.care.com/care-p1271.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My daughter took a babysitting class at the hospital and I ask the instructor for the going rate and she said $5 per hour and the kids were 9 and 10 I thought that sounded a little high. But for two kids you wont be able to charge less than $10 unless you have a young sitter and they dont always ask for as much.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Oh that was for each child sorry I failed to mention that
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011