Just curious.......

What is the issue with porn? I know that some people get really upset with it, while others just shrug it off, and I was wondering, if it pisses you off that your SO watches it, why? I don't get upset, mine doesn't watch at all, but if he did it wouldn't be a big deal to me. It's a MOVIE, that's about it. Maybe a 'training' tool for something new to try........LOL! So, what bothers you about your SO watching it?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I get mad when he watches it on my computer because it puts a laundry list of viruses on it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It doesn't bother me, but I can understand how it would if you already had some insecurities.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Ok, the viruses on the computer issue I understand.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I think the only issue I really have about Porn is that I have heard that so many people are forced into it against their will...Seriously, how can a woman enjoy three at the same time? I don't think it would be too pleasant and I certainly wouldn't enjoy it.
    Anonymous

• I think where most women find it a problem just from reading posts here is the fact that for a lot of men they start to ONLY look at porn and do not want to have sex with their wives anymore...that would hurt my feelings. Most of us cannot compete with porn stars...not that I would want a crotch that looks like it is one hundrend yrs old due to the overuse. But you get the jist.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• When my husband has watched it, he wants to have sex afterwards. I feel like he rather be with one/ or many of the women on there, than actually be with me, since when he would watch it, he wouldn't even try foreplay, he would just say use some random excuse for a quickie. He's not like that anymore, but he use to be. Also, alot of people, not just men, but women to, have a tendency to get addicted to porn, so that when they do have sex with another person, they have to either watch it, or have it on during the act, in order to climax, or they're addicted to the point they can't have sex with anyone. Its called "porn creep" for lack of the scientific term.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• When I caught my husband looking at porn, there was soooo much guilt in his face. He was embarrassed. So my question would be, why the embarrassment if it weren't wrong in his mind.
    As for me, I felt betrayed. Why? Because those images will always be there ready for recall in my husband's mind. I don't want that in my bed with me. And I don't want unrealistic expectations to ruin what we have either. I thought that he was not satisfied as well, which was as bad as finding out he had a mistress.

This really got to me, so I started researching and speaking with Christian counselors to see if my reaction was off the wall...cont.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Apparently it's not. Many women feel the same way. It's degrading to make a woman watch porn, and be expected to try to recreate sexual acts that someone else was paid to do.

Also, there are a lot of things going on in a guys mind when he views, watches, or reads about pornography. It's not healthy, and it almost always leads to darker sexual urges that they don't feel their wife can fulfill, leading to more disturbing porn or outright infidelity according to my research and conversations with counselors. It's a downward spiral.

I know it's personal, but felt I should share. This was a trust issue for my husband and I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2008