Would you combine your kids birthdays together?

Rather it was to save money or get it all over with or even becaues you might not be in town for the other one.

crazycrazymom74

Asked by crazycrazymom74 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• Depends on the ages of the kids.... My neice who just turned 8 was born 1/31 my daughter is 2/2 and is 6 and newphew is 1/7 and is 4. This is the first year we had seperate parties. Mainly my neice wanted a sleepover with school friends. my sister and I's birthdays are 3 weeks apart and really until we were 8 or 9... then yes it also depends on the kids themselves. Some kids don't care and others just want attention on themselves only. Hope that helps
    koalagirl78

Answer by koalagirl78 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Yes, I did that when they were young. There is 4 years, 1 month and one day between then. I picked a day about mid way between the two and had it. they each invited their own friends and sometimes their own cake. However, 1 year I bought a full sheet cake and they decorated each half for each of them. It turned out great!! When they got older we started having seperate parties but for several years I got away with 1 party.
    Tammy
    lighthouse112

Answer by lighthouse112 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My kids are 10 months apart. One B-day is in April and the other is in June. We have had combo parties. This year we did on in May to celebrate both kids. I just had to make sure I had 2 cakes. One for each kid. (Of course I made the cake so it was no big deal) My kids turned 6 and 7 this year.

My kids didn't care that they had a combo-party.... Some kids on the other hand can get upset.... :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• my daughters birthday is january 20th and my baby is due january 27th. so, they will only be about a week or so apart. yes, i would combine both birthdays into one party.
    shecallsmemom04

Answer by shecallsmemom04 at 11:21 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• How old are your children? I guesse it just depends on age..I think if you HAVE too, but that is my opinion if they are young and just family/friends coming over then yeah no big deal...but if school age and seperate friends then I would say NO..good luck
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My sister did something neat this year for her two kids. The girl is 12 and the boy is 9. She had a Luau party for both kids on the same day. two hours a piece. The Boys was in the early afternoon, and the girls was later in the evening. It was great! We only had to decorate once. It was a long day, but the kids got their own party with their own friends, and loved it! She also had it the day after school was out, before the lost contact with people, or vacations and stuff. So the Girls birthday is May 17th and the boys is July 9th, they had the party in early june.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 12:36 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Well I have a 5yr old daughter 12/21 and a 9yr old son 12/28 so I always combine because of the holiday money is short.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 12:45 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Speaking from experience, my sister and I have birthdays 2 days apart yet we are 4 years difference in age. I personally hated when my parents did this when I got older and had my own friends, say 5th/6th grade on. If they play with the same friends I see no harm but understand that the other parents that bring their children also feel obligated to buy for both children so that may knock some guests off the list. I know I don't want to buy for a kid that mine has no dealings with but I would feel obligated if they were both having a party the same time.
    Anonymous

• A birthday is the only day of the year that's your day. We do a actual day and a saturday 2 parties. Maybe combine the friend party and each child get the actual day by themselves.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• my four biological childrens Birthday are June 14, July 6, July 10, July19. So yes we combine partys. We usually break them up to the oldest two kids one day (they are 10 months apart) they have the same friends anyhow. And then the youngest two kids 3years apart on the next day. Then on their real birthday they get to pick out the resturant and have a cake just for their special day. It has really worked out well.
    Deanna14

Answer by Deanna14 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008