Anyone eat Turkey Bacon?

I just started eating this instead of regular bacon, as it's not many points on Weight Watchers. I think it tastes just fine and is a great substitute for bacon when combined with other ingredients, but on its own it's just so-so. Anyone else eat this?

amybaby_19

Asked by amybaby_19 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It's BACON!! Pork or turkey, I don't care ... it's B-A-C-O-N!!! On the up side, it doesn't shrink as much as the regular bacon does so it fits better on sandwiches. 

And now for us bacon lovers ....

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I tried it and didn't like it or turkey sausage. My husband was trying to watch his weight, so now we just watch how much he eats of the bacon when we do have it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My parents eat this but I don't care for it. I will agree though that when it is on a sandwich or with something else, it's not that bad.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i like it and its all i buy now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I switched to turkey bacon a couple years ago. I like it more than regular bacon, but I just heard som where that it's not much better for you than regular bacon?? I don't, you just can't win! lol I still like it and will continue to eat it though!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i do i really like it and it's much more healthier too..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I do but hate the one that comes in the package but love the fresh one from Whole Foods
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Nope. Diet or no, it's not worth the switch. I rarely eat bacon, and when I do I get low sodium, and I refuse to eat the fake stuff.
    Anonymous

• I have never tried it personally but, I hear it has less fat than regular bacon. I am curious to know what it tastes like though.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 3:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• No and it is worse for you than regular bacon.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011