can i lay on my back at 30 weeks pregnant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You shouldnt lay on your back this far pregnant. There is a major vessel that gets compressed and slows blood flow. bad idea. left side only
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• They recommend not after 20 weeks for more than 5 minutes at a time.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Ok, my opinion is you can lay on your back anytime you want. I could only get comfortable on my back with my first pregnancy and I was fine. I talked to my doctor about it and he said that your baby will let you know when you need to move.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. My doctor also told me that I can lay ANY way I need to (other than my stomach duh) to get comfortable. I'm 34 weeks and my hips KILL me at night, even with a body pillow between my legs. I end up on my back most nights. If your baby isn't getting enough oxygen, you WILL wake up and turn over. So just lay however you need to in order to feel comfortable. Your body is an amazing thing, it'll warn you if you're doing something wrong.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• oh Thank goodness! cause at night i end up on mu back and my hips kill me also! and i sleep on my right side more then my left.
    Anonymous

• You shouldn't lay on your back after four months if you can help it. If you wake up on your back during the night, it's ok, just roll to your side. You may not hurt anything by being on your back, but why take a risk you don't have to?

The right side is perfectly fine unless your doctor tells you otherwise. The left side is best, but it usually doesn't make TOO much difference (I had to labor on my left side to keep baby's heart rate up, but otherwise it didn't make too much of a difference).
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008