Gout

Woke up with extreme pain in my big toe looked up symptoms and it is most likely gout but it is rare as I am only 25. Anyways I am also late for my monthly af I have not taken a test yet but planned to and I read that some woman have higher uric acid levels when prego which is the cause of gout. So just wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this especially when pregnant or if you know of anything that can help with the pain. I have a doctors apt tomorrow morning.

Raindew

Asked by Raindew at 2:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Health

• The only way to be sure is through blood and urine tests. My Dr. thought I had it when my toe became swollen and infected around the nail. The tests came back negative. He then thought it was a fungus; negative. Turns out, it was an ingrown toenail! I was already researching diets and remedies when Dr. told me he thought it was gout! I had no idea what gout was till then.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• consult with ur doc
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2011