My daughter is mixed and has dry frizzy hair... What products could I try to make her hair tame all day while she is at school?

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 2:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Try Kinky Curly curling custard. Sold at health food stores like Whole Foods.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I am African American and I have natural hair so I understand what you mean with the dryness or frizziness. The best products I can recommend to you are KINKY TO CURLY.... it works wonders and the ingredients are all natural so they are safe for her. In fact, they are made just for her hair type. Here's a lnk to the website: http://www.kinky-curly.com/ .... you will not be dissappointed.
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 2:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I buy coconut oil from Kimora lee's website. She was having the exact same problem with her two girls, and she mentioned on her show "Life In The Fab Lane", that pure coconut oil works, and guess what? She was not lying, my nieces hair is soft and tangle free. For shampoo I use Pantene. Both of my nieces are mixed too, and they have great hair texture, but the coconut oil really keep the tangles out.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• tresemme makes a great shampoo and conditioner line called curl philosophy...also, only wash her hair once or twice a week, but condition it everyday...after you condition, comb it out really well with a fine tooth comb and put TONS of Pink Lotion in it. the trick is to not shampoo too much but condition and comb it lots. also, if she'll let you, wrap her hair up at night so she doesnt frizz it up on her pillow and use a silk pillow case. itms taken me 2yrs to figure all this out, but my sons long hair is finally managable. he's 2 and it's never been cut (im growing it out so he can have braids) so it's almost like having a little girl...lol.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 3:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If i was you i would go to a good african american hair solan and take your daughter with you and let the look at her hair real good and let them tell you what is best for her hair.
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• try a dialy mostrizure
    T-Baby911

Answer by T-Baby911 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thanks I will give it a try.
    idaspida

Comment by idaspida (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011