my 5 month old is on a antibiotic for a staph infection and it could dehydrate him, how do i keep him hydrated?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• pedialyte. if they aren't a fan of it, as my one baby was not LOL I mixed the yellow gatorade with water any time he had to have it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:45 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Buy pedialyte, I'm shocked the doctors didn't tell you this.
    Electrolyte liquids are available in most pharmacies. Pedialyte, Infalyte, and ReVital are some of the name-brand products. (Ask your pharmacist about generic brands, too.) If your baby is drinking juice, don't increase the amount in a day, but you might try diluting it with water. (If he's drinking 3 or 4 ounces of juice a day, for example, you could dilute this to 6 or 8 ounces of liquid.)
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• the doctors havent even told us we could give him juice yet! i didnt know i could! first time parent here!
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011