To all the mothers who have had twins or having twins?

family carI was watching some birthing show where they showed parents of multiple babies. I noticed that no women had them natural . I prefer to have these twins natural if at all possible. What happened with your deliver did you have them natural and were there any complications? I am starting to worry about a possible c- section and long recovery with a 3 year old.

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 2:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a natural delivery with my first child, but a c-section with my twins because they were both breech. I would have preferred to have a natural delivery with the twins, but the c-section recovery was not nearly as bad as I had expected. I was up and mobile before leaving the hospital. I was sore longer than with the vaginal delivery and I moved slowly for a while, but I was capable of doing everything I needed to do. 

My sister in law had a natural delivery with her twins. Her baby A was head-down, and baby B was transverse; luckily after baby A was born, baby B flipped into the head-down position.

Congrats & Good Luck!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• If you're not already a member, you can join the "Moms who have or are having twins" group on CafeMom and post this question. There are a lot of moms in that group that did not have c-sections to deliver their twins.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• ok thanks alot
    I will
    karing4elmas

Comment by karing4elmas (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my mother in law had her twin daughters "my younger sisters in law" when she was 18 and she had them vaginally. twins are born naturally more often then you think. there's nothing to worry about
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011