when should you introduce juice, pedialyte, infalyte to your baby? how much?

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• u only use pedialyte and infalyte Is your baby is sick and the doctor says to. Juice mixed with water when baby is one month old.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I agree with the PP about the pedialyte and infalyte but I respectfully disagree about juice. Juice is not necessary at all and should not be offered until 6 months minimum and then not daily and it should be 50/50 with water.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• pedialyte and infalyte only if the baby is sick with vomiting or diarrhea. My kids hate that stuff and have never taken more than 1 sip to spit out. Juice is OK in moderation after a year. Dilute with water.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i started giving my son juice at about 6month i only gave him a couple ounces once a day for a treat right after lunch. when he got older i put juice in his sippy cup but diluted it with water.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm sure the first answer meant to say 1 year old, not 1 month old.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• my 5 month old is on an antibiotic that dehydrates him
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• talk to the doc about the pedialyte then! and i would just offer more breast milk or formula!! i started juice at 8 months1 oz juice mix with 4oz water once a day!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2011