shouldnt i get to decide who gets to see my vagina !

im expected to deliver in May . My boyfriends mother says shes in that delivery room no stopping her . i also talked to my grandmother who insists to be in there . Im very modest (i cant even imagine how i got pregnant haha) but i do NOT want them in there . & his mother and my grandmother are sooo upset w. me . i only want my babysfather in the room when everything goes down ... whut should i do ?

my mom lives in texas so she wont be attending ... heeelpp .

benjaminsmadre

Asked by benjaminsmadre at 3:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They will just have to live with hurt feelings. It is your decision who is in there with you. Tell them that you understand but they have to understand how you feel and they must respect your feelings.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• First most hospitals have alimit as to how many people can be in the room at delivery. Second YES you have ALL say. Tell them you want this to be a special moment for SO and yourself and you will invite them in as soon as you have had time to bond as a new family.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Well, let your OB be the bad guy. When you discuss your birthing plans with them, tell them what's going on, and that you only want the father in the delivery room. They will make it very clear to Mom and Grandma that they will remain in the waiting room.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 3:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You should!!! this is your special day!! the one you have waited for for 9 months, you will get to decide who goes in there, period, tell them this!

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Tell them that's not what you want.... and if they keep insisting, You should have the hospital/ doctors/ nurses handle it... but enforcing what's in your birth plan
    Mamma2E

Answer by Mamma2E at 3:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I would never let them in either. Just tell them no. they can come in right after.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes it is up to you!However,If it isjust the modesty issue with you, by the time you deliver you won't care who sees your vagina:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Be upfront and firm. Most hospitals will ask who you want in there. One way to tell them is "Only the people in the room at conception are allowed in the room at delivery."
    deccaf

Answer by deccaf at 3:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It's up to you. It is the birth of YOUR child. If they can't understand that then tough crap. Don't let them guilt you into anything that will make you uncomfortable.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• For my son, it was just his father and me with the dr and nurses, then they asked if i wanted his mom to stay.. at that point i was in so much pain and miserable.. i just said I honestly dont care right now.. lol well she stayed... but this one... we havent even discussed it yet
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 4:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2011