Im a tad bit upset. Well alot upset. Would you be?

So dh and I have been married a little over 2 months now. We have been together a yr and a half. Still to this day my mother in law has framed photos of my husband and his ex (mother of his children and together 13 yrs) on her wall.

It bothers me sooo bad. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. I brought it to his attention the other night and then he tells me "Um, Im not saying anything to her about it!!" I went bizerk! Really How would HE feel walking into My mothers house and constantly having to stare at photos of me and my ex?? I mean he could have responded differently!!!

He also told me that he never remembers those photos are there. HE may not remember, but I have to CONSTANTLY be reminded of the two of them together.. and the photos that are up are hanging under these wooden letters that spell out "LOVE"- yeahhhhh.

He finally argued with me and told me he would say something to her IF he remembered. I told him to forget it. That next time we go to his mothers house, Ill just give her photos of him and I and then I can see if my actions ring a bell.

Would you be upset??

EDIT: There are three pics of just him and her, and only one of him, her and the kids - which the family one doesnt bother me. Just the three under the words.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• i'd be upset! my MIL made sure to take down the ex's pics, all but one. she was in the pic of my MIL and FIL wedding! i let that one slide since she was kind enough to put it somewhere out of veiw!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 3:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes I'd be mad. My mom took down the pictures of my ex and I very shortly after we separated.

Answer by missanc at 3:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I WAS IN THIS SAME PLACE!!! I HAVE MY OWN MOTHER IN LAW SUPPORT GROUP, COME CHECK US OUT!!,,,, I TOLD HUBBY AND HER,,,, THE PICS ARE GONE NOW!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 3:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes I'd be upset. Is it just him with his ex in the pictures or did they have children and it's more of a family portrait? I wouldn't be taking it out on my husband though. Why don't you have this conversation with your mil?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yes but most so at the fact they are near the word love . Because him and his ex has kids I think the pictures are fine because if his kids come over that is for them . But to make it seem to others that they are still in love is sick and wrong to you . I think I might just give my MIL pictures of me and my husband with dates to help her update her collections.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• It would be a bit awkward to see that, I agree. I think that's a great idea to bring her some photos of you all now, and she might feel like she can replace, instead of taking down and having blank spots all over. I have to be honest, sometimes my photos become as ordinary as the furniture in my house, I just don't pay much attention to them anymore. I always forget to replace outdated ones with new ones because I get so busy. I bet if she knew that it was causing you some upset, she would at least try and take down some of the main ones.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• There is ONE family pic of him his ex and children(NOT one that botherd me), but the ones under LOVE are just of him and his ex. and there are two photos.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I think she can display what she wants in her house, it may not be right but perhaps she wants to remember that period of time. I sort of understand your DH not mentioning it to his mother if I said anything like that to my mother I think she'd get angry at me and say it was her right. However I think she should have pictures of you and him side by side with it.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 3:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• He should ask his mother to take them down. I would be pissed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• My mother in law didnt even really get along with her anyhow. She said she still only keeps in contact bc she has her grandkids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2011