iam 22weeks an i haven't done anything to get an infection so what else can it be

quetta669

Asked by quetta669 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You dont have to do anything to get an infection. Sex can cause UTI's or just simply not drinking enough.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You don't have to do anything to get a UTI. It could be dehydration or how the baby is sitting even.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I agree w/ Misteh. I had a UTI early off in pregnancy as well.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• you dont have to do anything to get a infection it just can happen from sex, not drinking enough fluids, or not empting your bladder all the way.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Yeast infections are common in pregnancy. Is that what you have?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You haven't 'done anything' to get an infection? What do you think you have to 'do' to get an infection?

Infectious diseases are in the world. Sometimes, they seemingly come 'out of nowhere' and tracing the contagion vector is a waste of money and effort. Sometimes the symptoms come long after the infection is contracted. Sometimes symptoms are mild and go unnoticed for a long time. Sometimes an underlying infection flares up when the immune system fails, where it wasn't having difficulty earlier.

What do you have infected?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I had four UTIs during my pregnancy. The doctor said some women are more prone to them than others. She said that not drinkin enough, certain foods, soda, and not cleanin after sex may cause one. My husband and I stopped havin sex and I never had one again til I was tryin to induce labor and had sex again. Guess what, it caused another one.
    jeslynn1818

Answer by jeslynn1818 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2011