When it comes to buying makeup like foundation how much money should you spend on and which foundation is best for oily and acne prone skin

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have no idea of how much it cost buy my daughter who has oily skin loves bare minerals. She said it keep her oil free and won't clog her pores. She loves the sheer coverage and how well it hides blemishes.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I don't think there is a set amount of money you should spend, you just kind of have to find one that works best for you. It might be cheap and it might not be. I use Laura Mercier oil free foundation from Sephora, I've found that it gives me the best coverage because I have uneven skin tone, acne, and combination skin. It costs about $42 a bottle, and lasted about 6 months for me (please don't bash me, I rarley spend money on myself and I enjoy really good make up, we all have things that we enjoy). I like Bare Minerals too, but personally I found that it made my face look flakey and didn't have the coverage I needed. :)
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I pay about $3 for my foundation, $1 for concealer and $1 for powder and they all work just fine. The only "expensive" make I buy is Maybelline eyeliner and mascara because I can't wear anything else.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I have very oily skin and use Mary Kay makeup. I have been using it for abut 12 years and they have only made their products better as the years have gone by. The foundation is between 12 and 14 dollars
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:04 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• You should spend how ever much you feel comfortable spending. I have combination skin and Bare Minerals and Arbonne work for me. You have to just try stuff until you find the one that works. Every one is different so what might work for one person might cause a horriable reaction for someone else.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• i use fashion fair foundation it works just fine
    soraya14

Answer by soraya14 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 12, 2011

• if i were you i would stop past a Sephora or Ulta near you and ask what would be a good kind of foundation based on your skin type. I dont really worry about the price as long as its under $50. Im not picky about prices or brands as long as they work for me.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2011