Have you ever said to your SO that you don't spend enough time together?

I made that mistake almost 2 weeks ago and haven't had an evening to decompress with out him at my side. I just want a little breathing room. LOL I love spending time with him and I enjoy it, but seriously I have had about 14 days of him glued to me after our LO goes to bed. I was expecting to just be able to create a few evenings a week that were just us time, but I got a lot more than I bargained for.

coala

Asked by coala at 3:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• OH YES, SAME THING HAPPENED TO US,,,,, AT LEAST YOU LEARNED SOMETHING HERE, HA HA
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 3:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I've said this to my spouse before but it's because we all get so wrapped up in all our "techy devices". Computer, games, wii, phone, ipod..you name it. I think technology often does a hostile takeover our lives from time to time. Ugh..I miss you nature!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 3:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I'm sorry, but that's funny. I totally understand. My husband and I are together all the time, and I have to bite my lip every once in awhile to say, no, you go ahead, I'm going to stay behind just to get a tiny bit of breathing room. I think when you have a little bit of time away, it makes the time you are together that much sweeter.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• DH and I always right by each other. He follows me around! I have never had to say that to him lol. We never do anything together.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I do everything with my hubby so us spending all of our time together has never been an issue...nor lack thereof.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Be careful what you wish for... you may get it!

I have discovered that I am a free agent. While I am certainly committed to spending time with dh, and I love him to bits, I have other things to do and I'm quite happy to go away and do them, whether he wants to come along or not. He doesn't tend to want to come along. It's interesting: I have been continuously inviting him to attend, come along or otherwise be involved and while he routinely (automatically, I think) says no to everything, he feels left out.

I happen to think irony is funny, though... so whenever he makes comments about feeling left out ('cause the 12th thing I'm doing this week he REALLY doesn't want to be involved in, but now he's missing my company) I point out that he had 11 opportunities that he turned down without thinking so far this week and if he wants a different result he needs to make a different choice. I can't (and won't) do it for him.

You?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I did, but he didn't wedge himself up my butt. He just stopped texing his friends when we were in the same room and talks to me more.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I did have to say that to my husband. And he didn't glue himself to me, but he gave me a few more days then he had been giving before. Straight up tell him "Do your own thing tonight, honey, I just feel like hanging out by myself."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Consider yourself lucky. My SO is in the Navy. He is gone for months on end. I wish I had your problem.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 4:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I say it to my DH all the time. Even when he is home I don't feel like we are spending time together because he is always playin xbox with his friends. He said that we sleep together and thats enough. Now that our DD is here we spend maybe an hr together a day and that is all Iam going to get. I have learned to deal with it. I would love more time but we don't always get what we want when it comes to the men in our lives.
    jeslynn1818

Answer by jeslynn1818 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011