How much does a wedding planner charge? Is a wedding planner really necessary??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• The charge varies between how big you want your wedding, what services you will be using, and where you are located at. The right wedding planners can save you money and hassle. Are they absolutely necessary, no, but if you don't have time or don't know much about planning a wedding then they can be a huge help.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Usually 10% of the total wedding cost plus a fee (usually like $500). If you are having a $50,000 wedding or more then yes, you should think about one but for the average size wedding, you shouldn't need one. Get a few wedding books and a good planing book. Maybe get your mom and friends in on it too. I am in the process of planning my wedding and me and my mom are having a really good time doing it :) If you need any sugestions bride to bride, I will be happy to help just msg me. We are almost done my wedding planning (the wedding is in 2 months)
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• CONGRATULATIONS & thanks !!!!! JLS2388 :) Many blessings, lots of love & happiness to you.
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• The charge varies depending on the planner.
    No they're not neccissary, though I'm sure they can come in handy.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thank you and congrats to you as well!!!!
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• I personally feel that they are not needed. If you have friends and family members that have beeen previously married they are able to help you out. I had plenty of advice and help from my siblings and cousins. I feel that I couldn't have had a better wedding, even if I had a wedding planner.
    jeslynn1818

Answer by jeslynn1818 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2011